Wednesday 1 January 2014

Looking Back, Going Forward

First off - welcome one and all to 2014 and a happy new year to you! Every good wish and happiness in this new year.

Now to cast a little look back on the year that was 2013. For me, it was a busy one, an exciting one, a celebratory one, and a very special one. I happily spent year one with my husband, celebrating our anniversary on the shortest day of the year 2013, just a couple of weeks ago. I bid farewell to my twenties (in style!)...and I set up this food blog - a wish that I had long held.


Firstly, I would love to say my new year's resolution is to post to the blog twice or three times a week but I know that wouldn't materialise. However, I can say that I really HOPE that I will update the blog twice a month during school time, and yes, teaching is a full time job, and at least once a week, during school holidays. I would love for friends and followers of the blog to share their own ideas and experiences or even suggest some recipes to try. So please, feel free to comment, whenever you feel so inclined.

Next, a huge thank you to Ariel House, Dublin, an absolute haven and a true find for an afternoon tea addict, such as myself. After two wonderful visits there, I posted a blog post, which they have kindly featured on their website, and which brings many visitors here to Fascination Food.

Lastly, thank you to you, the readers. Whenever I receive feedback on the blog, it is just amazing and very helpful to me. Incidentally, it also reminds me, to sit down and get blogging once in a while, when I need a little push!

Here is a little photographic collection of the some of the highlights of 2013. Until next time!

Mammy's Healthy Lasagne - a comfort food favourite

Baked Cheesecake

Afternoon Tea at Ariel House, Dublin

Spicy Chicken & Chorizo - seriously moreish!

The Hummingbird Bakery in London - a cupcake institution

Picnics were had this summer in Ireland

The Irish Summer 2013 - sandals and sunshine!

Homemade by the hubby in Spain - mmm, paella!

Go visit this place in Kinsale, Co. Cork!

One of the most amazing and memorable foodie experiences, chez Neven Maguire
Pad Thai - simple and satisfying

It's Christmas!

My sister and I baked and prepared this afternoon tea display - quite proud!





No comments:

Post a Comment